Heart and Coeur menu bar

logo Heart and Coeur
            Heart and Coeur                           Version forum   French CHD forum English forum for CHD English forum for CHD

Forum of  Congenital Heart Defects & acquired heart disease

Affiche Heart and Coeur à imprimer     |     Rencontre Poitiers 2010     |     Rencontre region Lille 2010   |

Subject :     Recurrent Pericarditis

Posted by Siciliana 
 Sujet : Recurrent Pericarditis      
Auteur: Siciliana
I am an otherwise healthy 52-year-old female patient with recurrent pericarditis. I've had 4 episodes in 2.5 years. Each episode occurred about 2 weeks after there was an assault on my system. Here's what has been associated with each instance of pericarditis--an infection (not near my heart), the flu, the flu shot, and a botox skin test. I'm told my episodes aren't typical in terms of duration and frequency. I also have more fatigue compared to other patients (so I'm told). I don't have TB or a detectible autoimmune disorder.

The medications help but are not working well enough. 600 mg ibuprofen 3x/day and colchicine .6 mg 2x/day. 14 days of this treatment, and I still have chest pains and shortness of breath with a little bit of exertion. I'm not able to work.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for me? If you have any anecdotal evidence, I would appreciate hearing that as well.

Thank you.
 Sujet : Re: Recurrent Pericarditis      
Auteur: Aaron083 (February 11, 2017 10:07AM)
The term relapsing pericarditis includes two clinical types, the incessant type and the intermittent type of recurrent pericarditis.

Vitamin d drops for children uk   | 
best vitamins for children 
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 14?